2014 has been an amazing year here at Love Guatemala! Here are a few of the things we have seen God do:
- God miraculously provide the money needed for the construction of the Love Guatemala Vocational Training Center.
- The completion of the Vocational Training Center in under 8 months.
- Student’s lives changed through the gospel.
- 22 students graduate from our 3 trade schools.
- We had nearly 60 people from several different states and churches visit and do various projects.
- We finished our 501c3 status in the U.S.
- We finished our NGO here in Guatemala.
And these are just some of the things we have seen God do.
2014 was far from a perfect year and it came with many challenges but we are grateful for all that we got to see God do!
We have a big God who loves to bless and overwhelm us with His work in our lives. He does this even though we don’t deserve it or even ask for it. God is clear in His word that He answers prayer and honors those who call on Him.
I was reading from Luke 18 the other day about the parable of the persistent widow who was asking a judge for justice and because he was tired of hearing from her he granted her the request. This what it says in verse 7 and following: “And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”
God wants us to continually cry out to Him for our needs, for justice, with the desires of our heart and He will respond. He doesn’t always respond just as we ask but He always answers.
We began 2014 with 21 days of prayer. I remember the very first day of January in 2014 coming to land where the new facility now stands and standing in the midst of a field with a bunch of trees believing God for the impossible with some others that were here from the states visiting. And that is exactly what God has done in 2014.
We have some big dreams for 2015 as well. We want to start 2015 just as we did 2014 with 21 days of focused prayer. We always need to be praying but I think it is always good to regularly set aside some focused times of prayer as well and that is what we would like to do to start 2015 and believe God again for some big things. Will you join us in this?
Here are some specific things you can pray with us about:
- The hearts and lives of each of the students we will encounter in 2015 to be changed by the gospel.
- Strength for the staff and team we have.
- Provision for the ongoing financial needs of Love Guatemala.
- Provision to start the new programs we have planned for 2015.
- Spiritual growth for the teachers and other staff.
- Wisdom for leadership team and board of Love Guatemala.
Thank you for praying and being an essential part of Love Guatemala! Let’s all call out to God in agreement for these needs.
Happy New Year!